Women in Insurance Awards
Women in Insurance Awards is the first ever industry awards in the UK recognizing women who are making a significant contribution to the insurance sector, their community and clients.
Seven prestigious award categories are open to female brokers, insurance professionals and executives, their teams and organizations.
Winners will be revealed live at a drinks reception in London on the night of our Women in Insurance Conference: Thursday, 10th October, 2019.
The conference and awards are brought to you by Insurance Business magazine – one of the UK’s most trusted industry information resources with over 12,000 daily e-Newsletter subscribers and 87,000 monthly website unique visitors and 200,000 impressions.
Nomination closes on 28 August 2019
This award recognizes a company's commitment to building a workplace that recognizes excellence and supports career growth for all. This award recognizes the company that has won the reputation to be called an employer of choice within the insurance industry.
- Must have >50 employees in the UK
- Employee value proposition (e.g. business development support, marketing support, education, training, philanthropy)
- Workplace brand and culture
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Approach to employee recruitment, retention, talent management, learning & development, mitigating employer-related risks, managing changes within the business (i.e. digitalization, customer expectations, compliance)
- Industry reputation
This award of excellence recognizes the standout property and casualty insurance broker of the year. This accolade goes to the individual who has best exceled at pushing the envelope with innovation and growth, garnering industry’s attention including the respect of peers. This broker demonstrates commitment to clients, portrays exemplary customer service skills and manages to build and cement long-term business relationships.
- Must be a property and casualty broker
- Career development within the insurance space
- Relevant accolades and standout achievements in 2018
- Demonstrate customer service above industry standards and active growth through industry news, developments, product offerings, etc.
- Demonstrate best use of technology/innovation in reinforcing business strategy and client relationship
- Revenue contributions to the business
This award of excellence goes to an outstanding female who is dedicated to investing both time and heart to the rising generation of insurance professionals, helping to empower others and create opportunities for the continual advancement of women in leadership.
- At least 10 (?) years of work experience in the insurance industry
- Outstanding role model
- Advocate for intellectual growth and development
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the insurance industry
- Consistent outreach toward individuals in insurance
- Contributed to support or development of mentoring programs/individuals within their company or the insurance community
- Continually seeking to better themselves
This award of excellence recognizes the outstanding young insurance broker in the insurance industry who has shown the highest potential for greater leadership and has exceled at pushing the envelope with innovation and growth, garnering industry’s attention and the respect of peers.
- Open to a broker who has been working 5 years of less in the insurance Industry as of January 1, 2018
- Must be currently working as an insurance broker
- Professional accolades and standout achievements in 2018 (business initiatives in which the nominee played a critical role, new business brought to the company, innovative ideas, etc.)
- Distinctive new business development strategies, including unique ways of utilizing technology
- Exceptional relationship management
- Achievements could include: unique ways of utilizing next-generation technology to build and cement client relationships, distinctive new business development strategies, exceptional customer service skills, innovative branding and marketing strategies to attract new clients and/or creative ways of taking the company to the next level
This award of excellence goes to the outstanding female trailblazer in the insurance industry whose astounding personal and professional achievements have earned them a place among the industry’s best.
- Professional accomplishments in the last five years (business initiatives in which the nominee played a critical role, new business brought to the company, innovative ideas, etc.)
- Demonstrate promotion, influence and championing of women within the Insurance industry
- Leadership of professional associations
- Other relevant accolades and accomplishments (charitable work, accomplishments outside the industry, etc.)