Women in Insurance Toronto Awards 2021
Three prestigious award categories are open to female brokers, insurance professionals and executives, their teams and organisations. Winners will be revealed live at the awards luncheon.
The conference and awards are brought to you by Insurance Business magazine – one of Canada's most trusted industry information resources with over 12,000 daily e-Newsletter subscribers and 87,000 monthly website unique visitors and 200,000 impressions.
Join us to:
- Promote positive change in the industry, encouraging more women to take leadership roles
- Join the stellar Insurance community of top industry players and professionals for an evening of celebration
- Share your company mission, vision, values and marketing message with a huge audience
- Network with 200 of the top female leaders, trailblazers, young guns and rising stars in the Canadian insurance sector
Nomination closes on 21 May 2021
This award recognizes a company's commitment to building a workplace that recognizes excellence and supports career growth for all. This award recognizes the company that has won the reputation to be called an employer of choice within the insurance industry.
- Must have >50 employees in Canada
- Employee value proposition (e.g. business development support, marketing support, education, training, philanthropy)
- Workplace brand and culture
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Approach to employee recruitment, retention, talent management, learning & development, mitigating employer-related risks, managing changes within the business (i.e. digitalization, customer expectations, compliance)
- Industry reputation
This award of excellence goes to an outstanding female who is dedicated to investing both time and heart to the rising generation of insurance professionals, helping to empower others and create opportunities for the continual advancement of women in leadership.
- At least 10 years of work experience in the insurance industry
- Outstanding role model
- Advocate for intellectual growth and development
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the insurance industry
- Consistent outreach toward individuals in insurance
- Contributed to support or development of mentoring programs/individuals within their company or the insurance community
- Continually seeking to better themselves
This award of excellence recognizes the outstanding young leader in the insurance industry who has shown the highest potential for greater leadership and has exceled at pushing the envelope with innovation and growth, garnering industry’s attention and the respect of peers.
- Open to an insurance professional who has been working in insurance for 5 years or less as of January 1, 2021
- Must be currently working in the insurance industry
- Professional accolades and standout achievements in 2020/2021 (business initiatives in which the nominee played a critical role, new business brought to the company, innovative ideas, etc.)
- Distinctive new business development strategies, including unique ways of utilizing technology
- Exceptional relationship management
- Achievements could include: unique ways of utilizing next-generation technology to build and cement client relationships, distinctive new business development strategies, exceptional customer service skills, innovative branding and marketing strategies to attract new clients and/or creative ways of taking the company to the next level