Wealth Professional Awards 2018
Now in its fourth year, the Wealth Professional Awards has become the biggest and most prestigious showcase of excellence in the wealth management industry. There are 20 organizational and individual award categories designed to ensure national recognition of both large and small organizations.
By recognizing the companies and individuals across the entire spectrum of wealth management and celebrating the industry's successes, the Wealth Professional Awards continues to inspire an industry fostered on leadership, service, innovation, support, and principle, all of which have continuously driven the industry forward.
Nomination closes on 23 February 2018
This Award recognizes the Wealth Management industry leader of the future. The Award is an outstanding newcomer advisor (under five years) who has demonstrated commitment to the Canadian financial planning and wealth management industry. New advisors are more important than ever in an industry that is “graying.” Recognizing the fresh, ambitious advisors sends a powerful message that its contributions are important to the industry.
- < 5 years of experience in the industry
- Shows dedication to the field and career growth
- Volume, revenue contributions, book growth
- Client retention and referral strategy
This Award goes to the business development manager (BDM) wholesaler who offers superior service to advisors and is consistently proactive in educating advisors on products while maintaining in-depth knowledge of financial markets and the competitive landscape of all investment offerings.
- Maintains superior support service by communicating updates pertaining to the mutual funds and other product it sells
- Provide value-added ideas and marketing support to assist Advisors in growing their business and client base
- Demonstrated vision and leadership over several years, where the nominee’s insight, discernment and ability to lead and inspire
- Has guided his or her organization to a new level of growth, achievement or recognition
- Corporate performance –positive financial results reflective of leadership
- Social responsibility – use of leadership and skills to help the community overcome social issues
- Innovative business achievements and use of technology
The Internet is an important medium for communication yet developing a full marketing strategy is a must for today’s business market, implementing digital technologies to develop and manage timely, consistent, and relevant communications including content delivery in an effort to: (a) build brand awareness and (b) increase customer interaction, conversion, and ongoing relationships.
This Award is given to the individual or organization with the most outstanding and innovative digital marketing strategy and successful implementation. The Awardee maximizes their digital resources and platforms to provide practical, effective and easily accessible tools to clients or industry stakeholders.
- Overall use of digital and multimedia platforms
- Innovative content
- Audience engagement and performance analytics
- User-friendly experience
- Finalists will be invited to provide samples of website, mobile, social media and/or video solutions performance in 2017, including performance and user engagement analytics such as visitor traffic reports, click rates, etc.
- Open to any individual wealth professional or organization within the wealth management or planning industry
- Demonstrated best use and practice of social media, strategy and influence
To succeed in today’s marketplace client engagement, loyalty & client care are critical. This Award has emerged from the need for Advisor and offices to excel in these crucial areas. The Award of excellence dedicated to outstanding engagement & loyalty programs plus first class client care service by an advisor or individual office. Client service is an important measure of any office's long-term success.
- Client relationship management and retention strategies
- Must demonstrate commitment to exceeding client expectations and providing outstanding service
- Must demonstrate ability to innovate winning loyalty programs and initiatives centered on retaining client trust
This award celebrates the outstanding contribution of time, leadership and financial support of a company who set new benchmarks of excellence in the acts of giving and volunteering. will recognize the business, group, office or individual advisors that have made exemplary philanthropic contributions over the last year as part of a broader, sustained community service effort. Both volunteer efforts and fundraising campaigns will be considered.
- Open to any business, group, office or individual advisor that has made a significant contribution to community service during the past year
- Enhanced the reputation of the business through engaging the region and communities it serves
- Demonstrated outstanding commitment through financial support, encouragement, and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and local/national/international community involvement
- Developed creative and inspirational campaigns and initiatives that have made and grown a meaningful impact on local/national/international communities or causes.
The Fund Provider of the Year is the fund company that stands out by providing top-tier investment solutions/products for advisors and investors in Canada.
- Must be a firm offering alternative investments, mutual funds or exchange-traded funds.
- Must demonstrate standout achievements in the previous year, business growth, amount of business written during the year
- Effective client relationship management strategies for superior service and stakeholder engagement
This Award goes to the most outstanding global advisor who has maximized the use of actively managed emerging market investments to enhance the risk-adjusted returns of clients. The Awardee must demonstrate how they showcase these well-designed strategies to their clients.
- Unique stock picks, asset allocation and active management strategies into client portfolio
- Must demonstrate growth of new business generated over the past year
- Must demonstrate innovative and/or visionary leadership
- Communicate ways in which this information was presented to their clients and networks
- Client relationship management strategies
This Award goes to the relatively new advisor who has best excelled at pushing the envelope with innovation and growth, garnering industry attention and the respect of peers.
Young advisors are more important than ever in an industry that is “graying.” Recognizing the fresh, ambitious advisors (under 40) sends a powerful message to the younger generation that its contributions are important to the industry.
- Open to Advisors 40 or under on Jan 1st, 2018 only
- Client relationship management strategy
- Ability to innovate and reinvent traditional methods
This Award goes to the outstanding advisor practice company, office or branch with 10 or more staff or full-time equivalents on a national scale.
- Total number of staff or full-time equivalents (including advisors and support staff) should be equivalent or more than 10 staff nationally.
- Standout achievements of the year, growth, amount of business written during the year, overall customer service and stakeholder engagement
The Advisor Network/Brokerage of the Year is the outstanding advisor network/brokerage whose unfaltering commitment to its clients, advisors and support has made significant impact and improvements to the financial planning industry.
- Standout achievements in 2017
- Recruitment and retention strategies and rates, volume, product-offering, value proposition for their members and payouts to advisors
- Corporate culture, branding and personality - mission, vision, corporate values
The Lifetime Achievement Award is an honour of excellence given to an individual who has contributed profoundly as a financial advisor to the Canadian wealth management and financial planning industry as a whole. The Lifetime Achievement Awardee has achieved and made impactful and enduring contributions to the industry thoughout his/her career, and continues to move the industry forward with his/her long-term commitment to the industry.
Nominations received in this category will be reviewed by the Wealth Professional Magazine editorial team through editorial research, industry feedback, extensive face-to-face and telephone research to determine the most deserving recipient of this.
This Portfolio/Discretionary Manager of the Year Awardee is the outstanding portfolio manager who continuously delivers unparalleled performance to their clients. The portfolio/discretionary manager also demonstrates commitment to clients with exemplary customer service while building and cementing client relationships.
- Must be a portfolio/discretionary manager in the advisor channel or the private discretionary division only
- Must be compensated by clients not fund
- Must demonstrate superb revenue contributions, book growth and client service
- Value added to the brand he/she represents and the results achieved by his/her products
2018 Details Coming Soon!
This Advisor of the Year Award recognizes outstanding financial advisor who has best excelled at pushing the envelope with innovation and growth, garnering both industry and investor attention and the respect of his/her peers and colleagues. of the year. This award is given regardless of business size and model (i.e. embedded commission or fee-only; independent or bank-affiliated). The Awardee must demonstrate unfaltering commitment to his/her clients with exemplary customer service while building and cementing client relationships.
- Oustanding revenue contributions to the business
- Volume and book growth
- Must demonstrate great client relationship management strategies (recruitment and retention)
Award of excellence to the outstanding advisor office or practice that is dedicated to providing outstanding socially responsible investment strategies for their clients.Impact investments are defined as an offering that seeks to generate both financial returns while also proactively creating environmental or social benefit.
- Must provide or demonstrate variety in responsible investment offerings
- New and innovative offerings
- Strong financial performance of portfolios that include sustainable investments
This award for excellence recognizes the standout performer in the investment industry who makes use of alternative solutions in developing investment solutions for their clients. Alternative solutions are investments in asset classes other than stocks, bonds and cash, featuring low correlations to traditional asset classes. Alternative solutions may include: equity or fixed income mutual funds that use alternative strategies, infrastructure, commodities, hedge funds, private equity, and structured products.
- Criteria for judges include: high-efficiency and assets under management and a proven track record of originating alternative and/or private deals.
- A blemish-free complaints record with provincial regulators is also a must.
The award of excellence to an individual, group or firm whose efforts have gone beyond the requirements of their position to advance the ETF industry in Canada; whose contributions to the industry over the past year have been outstanding. The winner will be recognized as the champion of the ETF industry.
- All advisor nominees should actively implement ETFs in their book of business or practice.
- Judges will review how you are promoting, innovating with, demonstrating the tax efficiency, and communicating the value of ETFs to your clients/networks and/or industry.
- Judges will review the repeat and referral business strategy and success, growth strategy, training & education, ETF volume and overall customer satisfaction.
This Award for Excellence recognizes the outstanding advisor who has demonstrated commitment to his/her clients with full suite of services beyond traditional financial advisory. This Award recognizes the leading business in servicing clients by offering a multi-platform of products, insurance, succession consulting, investments, tax and estate planning, mortgages, retirement etc.
- Oustanding contributions to the business and achievements in the previous year
- Unique value proposition to clients
- Innovative products offered
- Variety of products and service
This Award goes to the outstanding small advisor practice company, office or branch with fewer than 10 staff or full-time equivalents on a national scale.
- Total number of staff or full-time equivalents (including advisors and support staff) should be fewer than 10 staff
- Standout achievements of the year, growth, amount of business written during the year, overall customer service and stakeholder engagement
Award of excellence for the outstanding advertising campaign. This award recognizes the outstanding individual campaign directed at wealth professionals in terms of its effectiveness, reach, currency and creativity.
The success of the campaign’s key objectives and strategy, its marketing mix and both the quantitative and qualitative evidence of its success, including all evaluative metrics. The judges will also take into account the impact relative to advertising spend
- Advertising campaign directed to wealth professionals
- Met all of the campaign's success indicators and objectives, marketing mix
- Campaign's timeliness and relevance to the financial industry
- Value added to the traditional provision of that service
- Business success through client retention and growth, including development of repeat and referral business strategies
- Finalists will be invited to submit evaluative metrics
This award acknowledges service providers (individual or organizational) with a proven track record of providing advisors with superior support. Whether it is managing orders efficiently or reducing turnaround times, that support is increasingly key for advisors looking to better satisfy investor clients. This award recognizes the industry player that has mastered that service to the advisor on one of a number of fronts.
- Any company or individual that provides a service to the financial planning industry (e.g. insurance, back office, coaching, training, marketing, printing, etc.)
- Ability to innovate traditional processes to improve efficiency
- Must demonstrate a sustained effort and commitment to the advisor channel
- Client retention strategy and growth
- Repeat and referral business strategies